Be Social #EPA2021
EPA Virtual 2021 will offer you a complete virtual experience featuring fascinating lectures, exciting networking opportunities and direct live contact with our world renowned speakers.
To enhance your experience and ability to connect with colleagues virtually, we encourage you to share information about the congress and your participation on social media – before and during EPA Virtual 2021.
Using #EPA2021 in your social media posts will increase your visibility. Everyone following #EPA2021 will be able to see your posts. You can gain new followers and connect with colleagues worldwide!
The official hashtag for EPA Virtual 2021 is #EPA2021
Make sure to use the hashtag when tweeting to be part of the discussion.
Use our dedicated hashtag #EPAdigitalMHC to enter our photo competition and share insights into your experiences on the theme Mental Health Care in the Digital Era.
What to share
- Live tweet from sessions, meetings, and the exhibition. Be sure to mention @Euro_Psychiatry and use the hashtag #EPA2021
- Retweet, like, share or repost live coverage coming from @Euro_Psychiatry / @europsy /@euro_psychiatry accounts
- Post your pictures and share them in stories or post them using the hashtags #EPA2021 and #EPAdigitalMHC
How to share
Share your experiences. Personalise your posts.
Use the below images to post to your channels, or update your cover photo, and help spread the word.
(Click on an image, then right-click to save or copy image)
Add your own text!
Profile Cover Banners
A social media newbie?
Do you want to join the discussion but are you not on social media yet? Wondering where to start or what to do?
Our detailed guide below will help you follow the trending discussions related to #EPA2021 across all platforms.
1. Create a social media profile
Facebook – Here’s how:
Twitter – Here’s how:
Instagram – Here’s how:
2. Why follow EPA on social media
What happens on the EPA social media channels before, during and after a congress?
- Access all EPA-related information that is being uploaded online and discussed. The EPA has many annual meetups and educational formats.
- Provide the latest updates and congress highlights, interviews with ambassadors, speakers and community members. A chance for broader discussions post-congress.
- A worldwide online community involved in the EPA and its activities come together.
- Bring to your attention the latest scientific developments, journals and articles within the industry worldwide.
- Announcements and deadlines keeping you in the loop, so you don’t miss a thing!
- A good way to get in touch with the EPA team and ask questions.
Join the EPA community.
- Facebook (@europsy)
- Twitter (@Euro_Psychiatry)
- LinkedIn (European Psychiatric Association)
- Instagram (@euro_psychiatry)
- YouTube (EuropeanPsychiatric)
3. Understand and make use of hashtags
Stay connected and make the most out of your virtual experience!
What is a hashtag, How to “hashtag” and why include them in your social media posts?
- A hashtag or this symbol “#” as it is more commonly known has become an integral part of social media.
- A hashtag is a label for content. It helps others who are interested in a certain topic, quickly find content on that same topic.
- Hashtags make it easier for you to discover posts around specific topics.
- They’re not just for Twitter anymore, either. Hashtags are effective on other social media platforms too. (Find more details on how to use hashtags for each platform below.)
How to use hashtags effectively:
- They always start with # but they won’t work if you use spaces, punctuation or symbols.
- Including hashtags in your posts means taking part in a conversation happening on that social media platform. And most importantly, it makes your posts visible in that conversation!
- If you use #EPA2021 on your Instagram posts, everybody who follows that hashtag will see your recent post in their feed. You will gain new followers and connect with peers worldwide!
How to use and follow the EPA hashtags:
#EPA2021– this is the official EPA Virtual 2021 congress hashtag. Use it for all your congress-related posts/tweets.
- Click here to see all posts using #EPA2021 on Twitter
- Click here to see all posts using #EPA2021 on Facebook
- Click here to see all posts using #EPA2021 on Instagram
#EPAdigitalMHC – use it to enter our photo contest with your photo! No need to include it in your regular posts
- Click here to see posts with #EPAdigitalMHC on Twitter
- Click here to see posts with #EPAdigitalMHC on Facebook
- Click here to see posts with #EPAdigitalMHC on Instagram
4. Share your insights and impressions
Some easy ways to share information about the congress with your network:
- Live tweet from sessions, meetings and the exhibition. Be sure to mention @Euro_Psychiatry and use the hashtag #EPA2021.
- Share your highlights from sessions, using #EPA2021 hashtag.
- You can also retweet and repost live coverage coming from the Congress on Facebook.
- Post photos and mention @Euro_Psychiatry, and use the hashtag #EPA2021 on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can also like and share EPA posts with your audience.
- Watch and share EPA YouTube videos.
5. Sample copy
The following examples of text are ready to be used in your social media channels. Feel free to edit these and write your own posts/tweets.
- I’ll be here in my living room for #EPA2021, 10-13 April. Join me online! https://epa-congress.org/
- I am excited to be a part of #EPA2021. Join thousands of colleagues from around the world in educational sessions, exchanging scientific news and sharing best practices https://epa-congress.org/
- Looking forward to the exciting #EPA2021 programme! https://epa-congress.org/
- Looking forward to sharing my work with colleagues, peers and experts in the field at this year’s exciting virtual #EPA2021! – Join me at https://epa-congress.org/